1 a soft fabric made from the wool of the Cashmere goat
2 the wool of the Kashmir goat
3 an area in southwestern Asia whose sovereignty is disputed between Pakistan and India [syn: Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir]
- [ˈkæʃ⁼mɪɹ] (GenAm)
Proper nounCashmere (archaic)
Cashmere may refer to:
- Kashmir, a territory between India and Pakistan
- Cashmere wool, wool from the Cashmere goat
- Cashmere, Washington, a city in the United States
- Cashmere, New Zealand, a suburb of Christchurch, New Zealand
- Cashmere, Queensland, a suburb of Brisbane, Australia
- Cashmere wood, the name of a scent in the perfume industry.
- Cashmere (band), Chicago based Dance- and RnB-group during the 1980s fronted by Dwight Ronnel Dukes.
- Burlap To Cashmere, a contemporary Christian music group